Tuesday, May 18, 2010
We're Approved!
So, we finally got our orders approved on Thursday! Mike told me at about 2 in the morning and I couldn't sleep after that! I was super excited. Then on Sunday night (Monday in Korea) he went and looked at an apartment with a realtor. It's strange over there. You can't just go and look at apartments. You have to have an appointment with a realtor. He liked the first one he found and was going to sign the lease on it. He talked to another realtor and looked at an apartment in the same complex in a different, nicer building. He said that this one is bigger, comes with more furniture and is in a nicer building and it's CHEAPER. SOLD! Next step is getting the apartment approved by the USAG (United States Army Garrison). Then he has to sign the lease and get a time set up for the movers to come get our stuff. Then he can book my flight! I've been packing and getting rid of stuff. The movers will pack up all our stuff but before I found that out i had bought a bunch of totes so I figure I should go ahead and use them. I'm so excited to be back with my husband! It's such a strange mix of emotions. Between leaving all of our friends and family and wanting to be with Mike it's all been a bit overwhelming. I do find it funny in a way though because so many people are saying that they want to see me and all these things but when I tell them that my schedule is pretty open right now they don't bother to tell me when they want to or what they'd like to do. This has definitely been an eye-opening experience and the saying "you find out who your friends are" couldn't be more true. I can't even count the number of people that I've parted ways with recently. It's a good thing though really. Those people clearly didn't value our friendship. It's nice to know that I do have a wonderful group of friends that I've known for a long time that I can count on. We all have our issues and we may not talk for a few months but we always are able to pick up where we left of and that's a great feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment