Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh, Korea

So, a lot has happened since I was able to blog last. I flew into Korea on June 14th (well, arrived here at 9pm on the 15th Korea time). My flight was a MESS! My flight out of Indianapolis was delayed nearly two hours meaning that I would miss my connecting flight in Detroit which was a straight shot to Incheon, South Korea. So, after waiting in this really long line for over an hour they finally got me going. I flew from Indianapolis to Detroit, from Detroit to Tokyo where my flight was delayed almost an hour. My phone wouldn't work to call Mike and tell him that my flight was delayed, so that was pretty awesome. Finally got on the plane to South Korea and boy was there some serious turbulence. Luckily I fell asleep. Apparently I like to sleep on planes because I slept most of the way from Detroit to Tokyo too. I fortunately didn't have any problems getting through immigration and customs so that was good. I walked out of the gate to see Mike, only for him to be hiding behind this sign thing. He's sweet. We were lucky enough to have Sgt. Kilby bring Mike to the airport and pick me up, otherwise we would have had to take the train and it's a decently long train ride.

Mike was able to take the week off to spend some time with me and get most of the things that had to be done accomplished. We went out one night and got Melon Pops which are soju and juice or something and they're pretty awesome. Mike swore I'd be drunk off of two but I was hanging in there alright. Not drunk at all. Haha.

Saturday we spent the ENTIRE day in Seoul trying to find a comforter and sheets to no avail. I'm not sure why but apparently Koreans think it's okay to spend 3 hundred or more dollars on a comforter set. I'm so not okay with that. We've done a TON of walking though. We pretty much walk everywhere. Sometimes we take a cab or train but mostly we walk which is fine by me! I need some excercise so walking works for me.

Today is the first FRG meeting for me. I was informed last night that I needed to make something. The commissary is closed on Mondays and doesn't open until 11 and the meeting is as 1. So I went to the Shoppette and got some brownie mix. We've got the Korean microwave/oven combo and it's all in Korean and uses celsius. I googled and got the right temp. Well the brownies were done on the outside and runny still on the inside. I put them back in at a lower temp and still the same results. The center two brownies got thrown out and the rest are going to the FRG meeting. Maybe the next batch that I'm going to try will be better. I used pudding as a subsititute for one egg so we'll see what happens!

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment