Nothing major going on over here in good ol' Terre Haute. Just getting moved in and settling.
I'm starting to plan Rosalie's birthday party. Pinterest has some great ideas, as do friends in a couple mommy groups I'm a part of. Glad to have some creative minds to assist since I'm not very creative! I think we've chosen the Mickey Mouse theme. She LOVES her some mickey mouse! She also really digs saying 'oh toooodles'. So it'll be a 'twodles'/mickey theme. I'm not sure how big we're going this year but i think it's going to go quickly from a small party to a big one especially since this is our first party being back home and all that fun jazz. I'm excited for the "hot diggity dog" bar! Maybe some "pluto's doggy bags" to send home with people, too. I'm trying to find some good recipes for some wholesome foods and a low sugar/low crap cake to make. I should probably test it out before the big day. Tentatively her party will be april 21st since mike has drill the weekend of her birthday.
We're still moving in and unpacking. We have to head to the apartment this weekend to clean and get the last few things. We purchased a new bed (heavenly!) this week and got a couple couches a couple weeks ago. Slowly but surely this place is coming together how we want it. We do have some renovation plans for next summer (2014). We're hoping to gut the basement, move the bathroom down here, take out a built in and panelling as well as redoing the bar and adding some grounded outlets down there. It's just not a great layout and we cannot stand paneling!
We're also in the process of decorating the girls' rooms. Gabby will have the Dr. Seuss bedding that rosalie had. I'm going to get some old Dr. Seuss books and frame the pages, make her name out of fabric and iron it to the wall and make some type of banner/hanging thing for above her crib. I do want to also get a rug for in there. Rosalie's we haven't decided what to do. Probably just some fun colors until she's old enough to choose for herself. i have been looking for mickey bedding but that's proving difficult for a full size bed. She's getting our old bed so we don't have to buy a twin or another crib. We haven't started that transition yet but I'm sure we will soon enough. I'll also be making a canvas with a cherry blossom on it (that's the theme i originally wanted for her) and also doing her name in fabric on the wall for her as well.
A couple days ago i got the bright idea from Pinterest to create a rice bin for rosalie with cups, spoons, etc in. Why on earth did i think that was a fabulous idea?! She ended up with rice and beans and popcorn all over the kitchen! Of course, she had fun and that's what matters but i hate cleaning...so, that part wasn't a blast. Last night she enjoyed some sink time and played with some spoons in the kitchen sink and loved having the faucet on to play with, too. We're working on numbers, letters, colors and shapes. She doesn't "get it" yet but she'll get there. We're also on to the SUPER fun fit-throwing phase. I just adore when she throws herself on the floor crying. So dramatic! Anyone have any advice on how to deter that? We usually take her to a separate place and talk with her or ignore her depending on where we're at.
Since Gabby hasn't been baptized, we're working on that as well. Just have to get it all sorted out! I think right now we're looking at having it done in March but I'll letchya know.
Both girls are doing fantastically and we like our new pediatrician quite a bit. We'll see how the next few appointments go but as of now, we're happy with our choice. There was no pressure to start food early, no arguments with our vaccination schedule and she said the girls look like they're doing well. Rosalie's learning more words each day. It's odd because she doesn't say many words for objects but she does say quite a few words. Not that many people understand what she's saying, though!
Before our LLL meeting
I'm starting my training for a triathlon to be completed in August. It is a women's only sprint and will benefit the Julian Center. It's a shelter for battered women in Indianapolis. i tried to go to spin class and Gabs was NOT having the child watch and I can't blame her. They ladies weren't super friendly and made a few comments that were unnerving. Guess I'll just have to go to the gym to swim when Mike is home from work and maybe spin as well.
She really wanted peas and carrots after our play date this morning.
We met some of our neighbors and I'm VERY happy to say that they were so sweet and welcoming! Can't wait for more play dates and company!
Munchkin here thought it'd be funny to drool all over daddy's side of the bed!




No comments:
Post a Comment