Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dr. Seuss

We decided this week to put gabby in her own room now that she seems to think its play time when we come to bed. Yesterday I went to Walmart to buy some things to decorate her room. I'm reusing some of Rosalie's Dr Seuss items but need to supplement those with some other things since we can actually hang things with nails now.

I asked mike to help me hang her curtains since I'm apparently a failure with a drill. That's another subject though. So we tried to hang them and they're too narrow and too long now I've got a sewing project on my hands. At least the valence is up!

We put her in our full size bed since Rosalie isn't ready for it yet. Evidently this is a style of teaching and learning called Montessori. The basic principles are the bed goes low to the floor, the room basically becomes a crib by giving the child free roam to his or her things including toys and clothes. This is an interesting concept to me. Evidently you decorate as the child would with things at their level, safely of course! I've put her clothes in the dresser and she'll be able to get to the bottom drawer soon enough. Her diapers are all in her reach as soon as she's mobile as well.

I made these cute pictures from some fabric inside a frame. Super fast, easy and cheap since all the fabric was from our days in Dongdaemun! Man, I miss that place! I've hung them were she can easily see them and probably secure them with command hooks late so it's more secure. I just have to work out that out.

She has a wall with a few command hooks for her jackets, hats, etc. The idea is for this room to grow with her and I think it will. Along part of her wall will be her name in Dr. Seuss fabric ironed to the wall. That will take some time because its a bit of a tedious.

It's pretty adorable so far!











1 comment: