Thursday, November 1, 2012

Life In Indiana

Our time in the active military life has nearly come to an end. Mike gets out officially in mid december. I have to admit it's a little bittersweet. I loved the experiences we had while he served. The people, the places, the fun stuff we got to do and the military culture are all things I'll never regret. The military life is a tough life for anyone and I give mad props that can do it for years on end. I don't do well without Mike by my side and he hated missing out on things with Rosalie and didn't want to continue to miss out. He also didn't like a lot of the bull that goes along with the military.

On that note, we're really excited to be back in Indiana! Mike searched briefly for jobs outside of Indiana and came up empty handed so here we are. Happily, here we are.

 Mike officially accepted a position with Dish Network in Terre Haute. It seems like a great opportunity for him and will bring on some sort of stability. It's obviously much closer to home than anywhere we've been in awhile but still far enough that we'll still be off in our own little world. We've found an apartment that has a short-term lease option and we move in next Wednesday and will begin looking for a house soon. I'm looking forward to purchasing, decorating, and having our own space. Something that is truly ours, not rented or borrowed. I'm even looking forward somewhat to the stress of buying a house! Yep, as whack job as that sounds, I am!


The girls have adjusted really well and are loving all the time they're getting to spend with family. Well, Rosalie is. Gabby hasn't got much of a clue. They're both growing like weeds. Rosalie must be going through a huge growth spurt as she's eating grandma and grandpa out of house and home! Gabby's doing great as well and her reflux seems to be relatively under control. We just need to have her meds adjusted but since Tricare has no Prime providers in the area I'm afraid we're out of luck for the time being and will have to switch to Prime Remote or Standard and see what happens. Annoying but I'm just thankful to have insurance at all! 

Next thing is to find a church we can attend and feel welcomed in. I'm excited to find one and excited to get involved in our community. I want the girls to grow up involved and with lots of activities and fun things to do. 



Our sweet Monkey

Happy Halloween from the Fronckowiaks! (also, our first family picture since Gabs was born)

Someone's gonna be a rocker!


No comments:

Post a Comment