Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Resentment?

Why is it that I'm the ONLY one that can even think about getting Gabs to sleep. Seriously. It's getting incredibly old. I'm tired of being the only one. Sick of it actually. She screams every night for hours. I get looked at like I'm doing nothing but reality is that nothing works. After hours she finally succumbs.
I don't know if it's her personality, the fact that she's breastfeeding or what but I'm not sure how much more I can handle. I just want to give up and cry. No one can hold her hardly without her freaking out and then I spend even more time trying to calm her down.

I need her out of my bed and to sleep on her own for more than 20min at a time. I'm slowly going nuts.

I think I'm starting to resent mike. He can come and go as he pleases and I can't. He does. I haven't had but a showers worth of time completely to myself since before she was born. She does nothing but cry for him. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, Mama.
    Imogen starts her "cluster feeding" at like 6pm and I'm never in bed to sleep until many hours after that. All she does is cry and get mad. Then of course I'm frustrated because all I have is screaming baby in my ears.
    Josh asks what he can do but for some reason it irritates me. We've had 4 babies, you know what you can do... just do it. Don't ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I mean, Rosalie's crying or needs a diaper change and I'm feeding gabby and I get "do you need help"? No! I need you to get up and change the kiddo. I don't expect his help with gabby because I know there's not much he can do but it'd still be nice to take a shower and not come out to screaming baby.

    ReplyDelete